Apple releases tools for checking the data it collects, starting with Europe.
Automated social media accounts can create “misinformation networks” that spread falsehoods and fan the flames of partisan disagreement.
For many, Bitcoin’s success is defined by its transaction throughput or scaling. Bitcoin’s biggest criticism right now is that you can only make a few transactions per second, while Visa and PayPal can provide tens of thousands.
Almost five months after Oracle Corp. surprised investors with more disappointing growth in its cloud computing services, a lawsuit filed Friday claims executives lied about the nature of that growth.
Facebook has launched an investigation into another app created by University of Cambridge academics after it sucked up the data of millions of users. The New Scientist reported that Facebook was investigating personality quiz app myPersonality, which the science journal said secured the information of about 3 million user profiles.
The European Union is beefing up its efforts to foster work around new technologies like blockchain. According to a 2018 Fintech Action Plan released on Thursday, the European Commission – the executive arm of the European Union – plans to form a new Fintech Lab in the second quarter in 2018.
We’re entering the next era of human-machine partnerships with a divided vision of the future, according to global research now available from Dell Technologies. 58% of the 3,800 global business leaders surveyed from Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) forecast that automated systems will free up their time, while the other 42% believe otherwise. Similarly, 48% believe they’ll have more job satisfaction in the future by offloading tasks to machines, while 52% disagree…
The European Commission unveiled its plans to invest jointly with the Member States in building a world-class European supercomputers infrastructure. Supercomputers are needed to process ever larger amounts of data and bring benefits tothe society in many areas from health care and renewable energy to car safety and cybersecurity.
Bitcoin has enjoyed a massive increase in value and a surge of new users over the last 12 months. Its success looks set to continue into 2018, but there are still burning questions about its future potential.